Thursday, December 21, 2006

Update, long overdue.

Wow, am I ever bad at keeping my blog updated, or what? I appologize to the people who check this weekly expecting an update, but as soon as Ilysa realized it was faster to walk than crawl I knew I was in trouble. That's right people, she is on the move. Ilysa is just shy of weighing 26lbs, is wearing a size 18-24 months on the top half (she has a big ribcage), and a size 18 months on the bottom half. She is growing bigger and bigger each day, and has absolutely no fear at all. She is experimenting with forms of communication, she tries to say words she just needs to work on her enunciation. She points to things she wants, and has given several things generalized names (all dvd/cd/cassette tape & video games are reffered to as "Mooovies").

Neil is going to be home from work for 10 days at Christmas starting tomorrow. He is off until the 2nd of January. I am looking forward to having him home more so that he can spend some more time with Ilysa. She is growing so quickly that I worry he wishes he wasn't missing so much. Although, Ilysa is definitely a Daddy's girl. She waits for him to come home in the evening and follows him all over untill it is time to go to bed. It's quite cute.

We are almost completely ready for the holidays, just one more stop to the toy store tomorrow and 3 more batches of cookies to bake and we are ready. Ilysa is still too young to understand the concept of Chritmas & Santa, but she sure likes the shortbread cookies we baked. She stole a few right off the cooling rack & before we even realized they were missing she had completely devoured them both.

I'll have to post pictures later because my camera batteries are dead & I haven't had a chance to dump them onto the C: drive yet so it'll have to wait. Our love to all & Happy Holidays!!! <3

No comments: