Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Long time, no post

I have been pretty terrible at updating lately, but with Ilysa being so curious about absolutely everything, I barely have time to do anything but keep an eye on her. Can you believe that she'll be a year old in less than a month?!? Where has the time gone? Soon enough she'll be walking and talking, the next thing you know she'll be headed off for her first day of school. I remember holding my newborn Niece in the hospital the day she was born, now she's starting grade one and I have no Idea where the time has gone. I have taken the time to really enjoy the moments I get to spend with Ilysa now, because I know how fast it all just passes us by.

We took a trip out to the Okanogan Valley to visit Justin, one of Neil's best friends. apart from the extremely long car ride (11 hours) we had a wonderful time. Neil got to go hunting and he got his very first mule deer buck. I have never seen Neil so proud as he was standing next to his kill in the back of the truck. Unfortunately we couldn't find the camera at that moment in time, so we don't have a picture of the deer before it was skinned. I do on the other hand, have a freezer full of about 150lbs of venison, which I have never cooked before in my life, should be fun!!!

My favorite part of the trip was when Justin took us to the Winery where he works. We got to try a bunch of the new wines that are still aging, I'm looking forward to the release of the cab Sauvignon that'll be released in 2007, very good stuff. I also got to try some wonderful Ice wine, which we instructed not to spit, apparently it is too good to spit out and I would have to agree.

After the Winery we took a trip down a private road accessible only to the members of Justin's band (Osoyoos), to what was supposed to be a private beach. Unfortunately for us it was packed with people who spotted it while out boating, and it quickly became the spot for all of them to congregate, ruining our idea for a quiet afternoon. We didn't get to stay too long which was a disappointment, but nothing ever seems to go as planned, does it?!?!

Overall a ton of fun was had, and it looks like we're going to make it a yearly event from now on. Pictures will be posted soon, for some reason blogger won't let me post them right now.

No comments: